BFG's high-end gaming/home-theatre system, Phobos, is now available to pre-order. The system - BFG's first - caters for the shrinking enthusiast market and to Rahul Sood's dismay takes a no-holds-barred approach to hardware components.
Available in three configurations - Performance, Advanced and Elite, priced at $3,000, $5,000 and $8,000, respectively - the system hopes to stand out from lesser machines by offering ultra high-end innards and a high-class service to match. Each and every Phobos system sold is shipped with a BFG "concierge service" that entails having your all-new bad boy fitted in home by a BFG technician - and that's followed by free in-home technical support for the first year.
Want to know what $8,000 worth of PC can get you? Here's the Phobos Elite's "standard" specification:
- BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards (x2 for Quad SLI)
- BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 for Dedicated PhysX Processing
- Intel Core i7-965 3.2GHz Extreme Edition Processor
- CoolIt Contained Liquid Cooling Solution (GPU&CPU)
- Brand Name Intel X58-based SLI Motherboard
- Brand Name 6GB PC3-12800 1,600MHz High Performance DDR3 Memory
- Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Hard Drives (x4)
- Brand Name Slot Loading Blu-ray Super Multi Optical Drive
- BFG LS-1200 1,200W High Efficiency Power Supply
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 Sound Card
- Integrated iPhone/iPod syncing dock
- Unique 8” Interactive Touch Panel LCD with One Touch Overclocking
- All Aluminium Chassis with Hidden Cable Management
- In-Home Set Up Included with Every Phobos Purchase
Sadly, it's currently only available to U.S. customers, so we Brits needn't take out our loans just yet.
Official product page: BFGsystems.com