Taipei, Taiwan, October 31st, 2016 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the release of the SoundsGood 2.0 App for music lovers everywhere. SoundsGood 2.0 offers a significantly optimized user interface along with new parameters for browsing through songs that include “All Songs”, “Genre”, “Recently Played”, “Most Played” and “Random 100”. Furthermore, lyrics importation and the display of scrolling lyrics are supported allowing users to sing along with their favorite tunes. Soundsgood 2.0 also provides a Web browser and local playback mode that users can switch between in and instant.
“SoundsGood 2.0 provides an optimized interface that is more user-friendly, and also offers two different playback modes that take advantage of the ASUSTOR NAS hardware,” said Vincent Tseng, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “You only need to connect your NAS with an external audio output device and you will be able to use AiMusic 2.0 on your phone to control audio playback, creating and ideal listening experience for your vast music collection.”
Key Features for SoundsGood 2.0
SoundsGood is ASUSTOR’s in-house developed Web-based audio player that provides smart management, playback and sharing for the large music collections that ASUSTOR NAS users store on their devices. SoundsGood’s corresponding mobile app, AiMusic also allows users to take their entire music collection on the go. The new functions for SoundsGood 2.0 are as follows:
- Uses a dedicated log in page. Users don’t have to open the App via ADM. The interface language can be configured from within the settings page.
- All new user interface optimizes usability and provides fuzzy searches of the music database.
- Smart sorting by album, artist, genre and folder.
- Quick play queue panel features sorting by categories such as “Recently Added”, “Recently Played”, “Most Played” and “Random 100”. Can also configure songs as Favorites, rate songs and create playlists.
- Menu bar can be hidden for a cleaner look.
- Song information is available at a glance and the order of the information displayed can be arranged by dragging the top of the respective columns.
- Supports importation of lyrics and display of scrolling lyrics.
- Displays indexing progress in real time when a new media source is added.
- Provides “Web browser playback mode” and “NAS local playback mode”. Switch between them at any time.
- Supports HDMI, USB/Bluetooth speakers, audio jack output, high resolution USB DAC output, and the ability to select multiple AirPlay network devices.
- Supports sharing of songs to Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Plurk.
- Settings provides log with options to view online or export, allowing administrators to easily stay updated.
How to get SoundsGood 2.0:
SoundsGood 2.0 can be installed from the Beta section of ASUSTOR’s App Central.
Also launching with SoundsGood 2.0 is the mobile app AiMusic 2.0 which features a new look and support for both iOS and Android devices. Users can use the app to stream music to their phone from SoundsGood or download songs for offline listening. Users can also switch to the NAS local audio output mode and use AiMusic on their phone to control playback from the NAS. AiMusic 2.0 should be used on conjunction with SoundsGood 2.0.
SoundsGood 2.0 is supported on all ASUSTOR NAS models. Local audio output support for the App will differ according to the hardware specifications of the model in use. For more detailed information, please see: http://www.asustor.com/table/Soundsgood
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc. was established via direct investment from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. The ASUSTOR brand name was created as a portmanteau of “ASUS” and “Storage”. ASUSTOR is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions, also specializing in the development and integration of related firmware, hardware and applications. We are devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.