The developer claims that the game will combine the cinematic qualities of the Star Wars movies with state-of-the-art computer-generated imagery from artists at Lucasfilm Animation.
Developed by Krome Studios exclusively for the Wii, Clone Wars will take the characters and locations from the new Star Wars animated TV series and of course the game will utilise the motion sensing capabilities of Wii to deliver a combat system that will allow us to use the Wii light-sabers peripheral!
• Fight the most memorable duels from The Clone Wars feature film and TV series.
• Wield your Wii Remote like a Lightsaber and experience first-hand the unique weapon of the Jedi knights with intuitive controls, so no matter what your gaming experience you can become a Lightsaber master.
• Play with your friends as your favorite Clone Wars hero or villain – from familiar characters like Anakin Skywalker and General Grievous to new faces like Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress – each with a unique fighting style and set of skills.
• Exploit your interactive surroundings to defeat your opponent: slice down pillars and Force throw them against your foe.
• Duel your way through significant Clone Wars locations, such as Tatooine and Teth.
Also, Lucas Arts is working on Star Wars The Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance, for the Nintendo DS in which the stylus will be used to control Jedi and swing their lightsabers. “Working on The Clone Wars chapter of the Star Wars Saga has been an exciting endeavor for everyone here at LucasArts,” said Feargus Carroll, project lead for LucasArts Singapore. “The intuitive and accessible gameplay on both the Wii and the Nintendo DS complement one of the most exciting Star Wars adventures yet.”