GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS: Most Bluetooth speakers playing from a single source. JBL and 1,000 Flip 4 speakers take their place in history at #JBLWorldRecord event
27th April 2017, LONDON – HARMAN International Industries, the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, today announced that the company’s JBL audio brand is now a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title holder. After successfully playing 1,000 Flip 4 Bluetooth speakers simultaneously from a single media source, JBL smashed the previous record (of 208 speakers) set by Ultimate Ears in 2016.
Taking place at an exclusive event in London last night together with telecommunications service provider O2 - the record was witnessed by over 200 guests including world-renowned Dutch DJs, Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano.
With the speakers displayed on a circular structure to create a 360-degree wall of sound, other highlights from the evening included numerous live acts and an exclusive soundtrack featuring all of JBL’s current music ambassadors (which include Demi Lovato, DNCE, Tinie Tempah and Quincy Jones).
Carsten Olsen, Vice President & General Manager Harman Consumer Lifestyle EMEA, comments, “JBL’s music heritage has ensured that both our CONNECT+ technology and recently launched Flip 4 are superior offerings within the market. It therefore, only seemed fitting to celebrate both with a landmark event that has secured our place in GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS history.
“We are a brand that thrives on innovation and also love to party so it was great to celebrate in style last night with industry members, press, fans, ambassadors and retail partners. The event was the perfect kick off for our jam-packed calendar of live events taking place throughout 2017.”
Jack Brockman, Official Adjudicator from GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS added, “It’s important to recognise and reward great achievements whether they have been undertaken by an individual, community or large corporation. The GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS actively encourages its partners to creatively visualise, challenge and achieve their full potential, we applaud JBL for embracing this ethos by greatly surpassing the previous record. Playing 1,000 speakers simultaneously makes quite an imposing sound, it was certainly the highlight of an impressive evening.”
Designed for party starters and globetrotters alike, the new adventure-proof Flip 4 speaker with in-built CONNECT+ technology is the latest product to join JBL’s popular Flip range that has sold 10 million speakers to date.
Check out the #JBLWorldRecord event via our Facebook video post: https://www.facebook.com/JBLUnitedKingdom/videos/753256948167061/
JBL Flip 4 Features
- Wireless Bluetooth Streaming: Wirelessly connect up to two smartphones or tablets to the speaker to take turns playing impressive stereo sound.
- 12 hours of playtime: Built-in 3000mAh rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 12 hours of playtime.
- IPX7 Waterproof: No more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge Flip 4 in water.
- Build your own party by connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience.
- Speakerphone: Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo-cancelling speakerphone.
- Voice Assistant Integration: Access Siri or Google Now from your JBL Flip 4 speaker with a simple button press.
- Lifestyle Material: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures.
- JBL Bass Radiator: Hear the bass, feel the bass, see the bass. Dual external passive radiators demonstrate just how powerful your speakers are.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.