London, UK, May 17th, 2011 - HP announced the launch of the industry's first Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse. This product was unveiled along with a new line up of accessories at the HP Personal Computing Accessories Forum 2011 in Cannes. The new range, also including top-of-the-line Webcams, features sleek and modern designs to meet the needs of both consumers and businesses.
HP's Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse represents the industry's first Wi-Fi® mouse. It has a sculpted shape designed to fit like a glove in your hand. It ranks as a technological revolution because it eliminates wires and external receivers forever, offering total freedom at your fingertips. The state-of-the-art mouse easily connects to your computer's built-in Wi-Fi® receiver, allowing users to have a spare USB port to plug in other accessories. Its 9 month battery life also equates to 2 times the battery life of comparable Bluetooth® models1.
The new HP Webcam HD-4110 allows full HD video calling in three easy clicks, giving users the best ease of use and video clarity yet. The webcam allows consumers to chat, take clear HD photos, videos and create images and was awarded the CES 2011 (Consumer Electronics Show) Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Honoree. Full HD 1080 autofocus widescreen model can record videos at up to 30 frames per second. HP's webcams make the end-user experience simpler and quicker with three buttons to launch end-user preferred Instant Messaging applications (AIM, Window Live, Skype, or Yahoo!), take pictures and record videos. According to HP research, 92% of webcam users participate in video chatting, 42% take pictures and 34% record videos2. The directional microphone filters out background noise, allowing users to enjoy louder and clearer sound.
Additionally, the launch of the HD Webcam HD-2200 makes HD affordable for easy video editing, online chatting with friends, and sharing still images - all with an integrated microphone and plug-and-play USB connection.
"HP's new line of accessories work with any computer, offering great consumer choice while delivering intelligent design and unparalleled quality" said Tiago Drummond, VP of Retail Sales, HP Personal Systems Group, EMEA. "Everybody can now explore, travel and connect seamlessly with HP Accessories."
The full range of new accessories includes:
- The industry's first ever Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse offers consumers wireless connectivity and impressive battery life. HP's new Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse eliminates wires and external receivers, allowing consumers to click and go in comfort and style.
- The HP 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse is available in seven exciting colours, ideal for the fashion-conscious consumer to match their style and their HP Notebook PC: Butter Gold, Sonoma Red, Pacific Blue, Leaf Green, Sweet Purple, Metal Steel, and Charcoal grey.
- The HP Webcam HD-4110 allows users to auto-focus and take clear, sharp pictures even in poor lighting conditions.
- The HD-2200 achieves crisp images and captures true-to-life sound, offering an impressive host of features at a very competitive price.
- HP Multimedia Speakers 2.0 and HP 2.1 Compact Speaker System deliver high quality sound coupled with a sleek design at a very affordable price.
- HP In-ear Stereo Headset is a new headset ideal for Smartphones, Tablets or PCs with a 4-conductor 3mm audio jack.
- An extension of HP's successful line-up of retractable-handle and high quality black notebook sleeves, now available in 35.5cm (14"), 40.6cm (16") and 43.9cm (17.3") sizes.
- A new 43.9cm (17.3") HP Urban Backpack, a trusty partner for the road and ideal for those travellers seeking a cool design and robust protection for their PC.
Pricing and availability
HP Wi-Fi® Mobile Mouse: price £39.99 available from May 2011.
HP 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Mobile Mouse. New colours available from July 2011 at £39.99
HP Webcam HD-4110: £59.99, available now
HP Webcam HD-2200: price £24.99, available from May 2011
HP Multimedia Speakers 2.0 price £19.99 and available now
New in-ear stereo headset: price £14.99 available from May 2011
HP Urban Backpack: price £49.99, available now
Retractable-handle black laptop sleeves: price £24.99 available from May 2011
Additional information is available at www.hp.co.uk/accessories/uk
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.co.uk.