Upgrade network in minutes to the latest WiFi technology for better performance and reliability
BRACKNELL, UK — November 17, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), a leading provider of networking equipment, is launching the NETGEAR Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless Access Point (WAC104) for small offices and home offices (SOHO) that need an inexpensive, easy-to-use, high-performance solution for improving WiFi coverage.
The NETGEAR WAC104 Access Point (AP) supports dual band concurrent operation with combined throughput of up to 1.2Gbps* (300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867Mbps at 5GHz*), up to four times the speed of previous-generation 802.11n networks. Interoperable with both new and legacy devices, the WAC104 AP enables older devices to connect at their fastest speeds without impacting the maximum connection speed of the latest 802.11ac wireless devices.
The WAC104 Access Point is a standalone device that is an ideal networking solution for customers deploying one or two WiFi access points in home offices or small businesses such as a dental office or small hotel. With four (4) Ethernet ports, a single access point can also be used to connect up to four wired devices, including any NETGEAR Gigabit Ethernet Switch. Its flexible design means it can be set up on the desktop or mounted on a wall — whatever is most convenient for connecting laptops, smartphones, tablets, VoIP phones, and surveillance cameras.
“Small business managers and home office workers are usually their own networking administrators. After 20 years of working in the SOHO market, we know that what’s needed is a plug-and-play solution that offers reliability combined with performance — and that’s easy on the budget,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR. “Adding the WAC104 Access Point is a quick, cost-effective way to upgrade the performance of an existing router or ISP box to the latest 802.11ac WiFi technology. Its install wizard and easy-to-use interface means both tech- and non-tech specialists can improve their WiFi coverage within minutes.”
Key Features and Benefits of NETGEAR WAC104 Wireless Access Point:
- Superior performance (1.2Gbps*) at an affordable price point
- Dual Band 802.11ac concurrent operation with backward compatibility to 802.11n
- Ease of use with intuitive interface and one-touch connectivity for client devices
- Standalone Access Point mode delivers maximum throughput to multiple connected wireless clients
- Wireless Mesh mode enables a pair or more of wireless access points to extend coverage range
- Comprehensive security with WPA and WPA2 and MAC address Access List
- Four (4) Ethernet ports to connect to PC, laptops, and other wired devices
- External antennas to maximise coverage
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Dual Band 802.11ac Wireless Access Point (WAC104) is available through authorised NETGEAR partners, ecommerce sites and other reseller channels. The NETGEAR WAC104 has a 3-year limited hardware warranty and lifetime support via chat. UK pricing is available upon request.
About NETGEAR Inc.
Netgear (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. Netgear products are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 29,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the Netgear investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter and Facebook.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.