Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi 4G LTE Modem Router combines extreme WiFi speeds with your mobile broadband Internet, and offers fail-over connection for business-critical services
Bracknell, UK — June 28, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), a leading provider of networking equipment for the home and small businesses, is adding the NETGEAR Nighthawk® AC1900 WiFi 4G LTE Modem Router (R7100LG) to its expanding portfolio of innovative mobile broadband products using the latest super-fast 4G LTE technology. With this new Nighthawk LTE Router, you need never be without high-speed Internet at home or your small office even in places where cable or DSL wired connectivity is unavailable, inconvenient, or slow. This specialised LTE router uses your mobile broadband connection to provide internet access via extreme WiFi speeds to ensure streaming of HD videos, music, and online gaming continue uninterrupted.
Whether you’re a devoted online gamer or a small business, the Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router offers you the peace of mind that your internet connection will be accessible 24/7. It has a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for universal compatibility with any internet service and supports automatic fail-over/fail-back. This means that if you lose your cellular or wired connection for any reason, the router will automatically roll over to the LTE alternate connection. The Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router can become the primary connection for business-critical equipment including cameras, POS systems, and other wireless devices so they stay online even when your DSL or cable is down.
The Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router is also the perfect anytime, anywhere connectivity option for mobile-only retail locations such as pop-up stores at trade shows, sporting events, festivals, and food trucks, and even for recreational vehicles where a wired connection isn’t available.
Within the local (home) network, the Nighthawk 4G LTE Router delivers next-generation dual-band WiFi at Gigabit speeds, making it ideal for networks supporting multiple device connections and for taking advantage of the newest 802.11ac WiFi technology already embedded in your mobile devices. Its high-powered amplifiers and three external antennas increase range for mobile devices throughout your home or office. You’ll enjoy the blazing-fast speed, reliability, and secure wireless internet connections to support demanding applications such as smooth HD video streaming and lag-free multi-player online gaming.
- 4G LTE Category 6 support (300Mbps) for true broadband access where wired connectivity is unavailable or inconvenient
- Extreme WiFi speed from broadband access up to 1.9Gbps* (600+1300Mbps)
- Dual core 1GHz processor boosts wireless, wired and WAN-to-LAN performance
- Advanced QoS for prioritised bandwidth for uninterrupted video and music streaming
- Simultaneous dual band WiFi technology (2.4GHz for range and 5GHz for performance) to reduce wireless interference for better connections to more WiFi devices
- Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for wired broadband service as alternate connection
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for fast wired connections ideal for HD gaming and video
- 2 USB ports, including one Superspeed USB 3.0 port for faster connections to USB storage
- Highest level of wireless security, including VPN support for remote access and separate and secure guest network access
- NETGEAR genie® app with remote access, a personal dashboard that makes it easy to install, monitor, control and repair your home network, when you’re away from home
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi 4G LTE Modem Router (R7100LG) will be available in the UK in late July for an MSRP of £279.99 (GBP).
Go to the NETGEAR web page for Mobile Broadband LTE Gateways for more information.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 31,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available at http://investor.netgear.co.uk or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR at https://twitter.com/NETGEAR_UKI and www.facebook.com/NETGEARUK
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC1900 equals 600Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1300Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac. Up to 1300Mbps wireless speeds achievable when connecting to other 802.11ac 1300Mbps devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.