The SiS965 features a Gigabit Ethernet MAC built into the chip. With this architecture, not only are costs saved, but also 2 Gigabit Ethernet connections can be enabled from Gigabit Ethernet MAC and external PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet card, giving customers more flexibility.
This feature gives customers more options in adopting the advantages of high-speed Ethernet connections. Gigabit Ethernet promises to revolutionize the world of data transmission. New multimedia applications that will benefit from Gigabit Ethernet include downloadable movie, television and music services which connect through the Internet, bypassing traditional methods of delivery.
With the SiS965 Giga MAC, users and vendors alike will benefit enormously from the implementation of next-generation Ethernet technology in a cost effective and high performance chip architecture:
Lower Costs Through a More Efficient Design
The embedded Gigabit LAN architecture of the SiS965 reduces costs versus using a dedicated link, with further price reductions expected as the technology becomes more widely adopted. Motherboard makers simplify production by only adding a PHY during the manufacturing process; this also simplifies the design process, further saving costs
Bypassing the PCI Bottleneck for Unmatched Performance
The data transmission speed from the SiS965 is enhanced further by SiS’ proprietary MuTIOL® technology between north and south bridges, which provides a 1 GB/s transfer rate, the fastest bus architecture of any desktop chipset. And because data is transmitted directly from the SiS965, rather than passing through the PCI bus, data is transferred much faster under normal loading. Under heavy loading such as when viewing DVD’s or using a 1394 device, efficiency is actually increased by 50% due to the nature of the bus architecture.
SiS HyperStreaming™ Technology for More Effective Data Transmission
Working in tandem with SiS MuTIOL® technology, the Prioritized Channel of SiS HyperStreaming™ Technology moves data more efficiently and effectively by assigning data packets to prioritized channels. This has enormous benefits for high-bandwidth applications such as streaming audio and video, where uninterrupted data flow is a priority.
- Support Gigabit Ethernet Network controller, provide up to 1000Mb/s data tranmission speed.
- Provide 4 independent ports for SATA, compliant with Serial ATA 1.0 Specification with Ultra DMA 150, Support RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD. Provide more complete solution for back-up data. And also improve system stability and performance.
- Support two PCI Express x1 ports, provide up to 500Mb/s data input/output bandwidth
- Support Total 8 USB 2.0/1.1 Ports, USB 2.0 High-Speed Device @480 Mb/s Transfer Rates
- Support 8 Channels AC'97 v2.3 and V.90 Software Modem; Advanced Power Management:ACPI 1.0b and APM 1.2 Complian