Portal Still Alive
The Biggest Blockbusters of 2008 and Beyond
With the most blockbuster, million-selling games and the most anticipated titles of 2008 and beyond, Xbox 360 is the pre-eminent place to play all the big titles that gamers thirst for, including the following:
• “Final Fantasy XIII” (Square Enix). “Final Fantasy XIII” is the eagerly anticipated title from Square Enix that takes full advantage of the superior power and technology in Xbox 360, providing tangible, intuitive controls while delivering seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and stunning in-game cinematics. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, this latest addition to the “Final Fantasy” series is worthy of the title “next generation.”
• “Galaga Legions” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). The arcade shooter “Galaga” has captivated players all over the world, and now the legend lives on with “Galaga Legions.” Featuring table-turning game dynamics, updated graphics and vast waves of ferocious enemies, “Galaga Legions” was created by the same team that developed the best-selling “PAC-MAN Championship Edition” for Xbox LIVE Arcade. “Galaga Legions” will debut exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008.
• “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” (Bizarre Creations Ltd./Activision). The latest version of the frenetic retro shooter, “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” debuts exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008. Newcomers and pros alike will be blown away by the screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting Achievements. “Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2” also supports multiplayer mayhem for up to four players, with versus or co-op modes, and features razor-sharp 1080p graphics and new, pulse-pounding music.
• “Portal™: Still Alive” (Valve/Microsoft). “Portal: Still Alive” features the full award-winning “Portal” single-player game from Valve plus a new challenge mode. Designed to change the way players approach, manipulate and surmise the possibilities in any given environment, “Portal” has earned more than 70 industry honors for its innovative gameplay, with more than 30 Game of the Year Awards. Solve physical puzzles and challenges by opening portals to maneuvering objects, and yourself, through space. The game is debuting on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2008.
• “South Park” (South Park Digital Studios/Doublesix/Microsoft). Based on the Emmy- and Peabody-award winning show, a “South Park” game (title TBA) is coming exclusively to Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2009.
• “Fable II” (Lionhead Studios/Microsoft Game Studios). This Xbox 360 exclusive action role-playing game offers players an epic storyline and an unprecedented level of freedom and choice. Every decision defines who the player becomes and influences the evolving world around them. “Fable II” is the next great step for the genre, with an innovative dynamic cooperative mode, where players can choose to invite a friend on the same couch or over Xbox LIVE to experience the world together.** The journey begins in August with a first-of-its-kind exclusive Xbox LIVE Arcade title, which allows players to get a head start on earning gold that will transfer to the rich world of “Fable II” when it arrives at stores in October.
• “Gears of War 2” (Epic Games/Microsoft Game Studios). Epic Games’ design director Cliff Bleszinski gave a stunning new look at the “Gears of War 2” campaign, and confirmed the ability to ride the fearsome Brumak. Also detailed was the all-new five-player cooperative mode “Horde,” where players unite to battle a seemingly endless onslaught of Locust Horde forces.** “Gears of War 2” is the most anticipated Xbox 360 exclusive title this holiday season and will be released worldwide Nov. 7.
• “Grand Theft Auto IV” (Rockstar North/Rockstar Games). Continuing its blistering pace on the Xbox 360 platform, the first of the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable episodes for this record-breaking game will be available this fall — the only console with new “Grand Theft Auto IV” content available this holiday season.
• “Halo Wars” (Ensemble Studios/Microsoft Game Studios). Microsoft is further expanding the “Halo” universe with “Halo Wars,” the blockbuster strategy game designed exclusively for the Xbox 360. A piece of the “Halo Wars” story is revealed through “Five Long Years,” a trailer from Ensemble Studios and Microsoft, which showcases the brutal struggle for control of Harvest early in the Human-Covenant wars. “Halo Wars” will put gamers in command of the entire battlefield, leading both UNSC and Covenant forces.
• “Infinite Undiscovery™” (Square Enix). “Infinite Undiscovery” is the newest fantasy role-playing console game from Square Enix, drawing gamers into a real-time world woven of countless threads where player choices spin untold discoveries — only on Xbox 360. Players will be confronted with a variety of dramatic situational battles, such as executing a daring escape while a gigantic ogre follows in hot pursuit, or waging battle amid towering tidal waves. Dynamic environments change and respond in real time, creating an entirely new experience never before seen in the genre. The title is scheduled to release exclusively on Xbox 360 in North America on Sept. 2, 2008.
• “The Last Remnant™” (Square Enix). “The Last Remnant” is a new role-playing game crafted using the finest artistry and technology Square Enix has to offer. Set in a fantasy world, war-torn and scarred by years of conflict, gameplay revolves around mysterious artifacts — Remnants — that possess magic powers. Groundbreaking graphics possible only on Xbox 360 bring the intensity to a whole new level. “The Last Remnant” is launching worldwide on November 20 and will be available only on Xbox 360.
• “Resident Evil 5” (Capcom). Destined to bring new fans to the series, “Resident Evil 5” is the sequel to one of the highest-rated video games in history (according to Metacritic.com and Gamerankings.com). Promising to revolutionize the series by delivering an unbelievable level of detail, realism and control, “Resident Evil 5” unleashes an unprecedented level of fear for the next generation. New technology developed specifically for the game, as well as incredible changes to both the gameplay and the “Resident Evil” world, will make this a must-have game for gamers across the globe.
• “STAR OCEAN®: The Last Hope™” (Square Enix). “STAR OCEAN: The Last Hope” is the long-awaited continuation of the celebrated science fiction and fantasy role-playing game series. Slated for release on Xbox 360 in spring 2009 and published by Square Enix, this prequel set during the aftermath of World War III combines science fiction and fantasy elements spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe. Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise’s famous real-time battle system, introducing the amazing graphics and visual effects possible only on Xbox 360.
• “Too Human” (Silicon Knights/Microsoft Game Studios). “Too Human” is an epic action game with integrated role-playing game elements, and will be available in North America on Aug. 19 and in Europe on Aug. 29. The game features a rich storyline with deep character development, both hallmarks of Silicon Knights’ leg