ELEGANT, READY-TO-WEAR EARPIECE OFFERS PERFORMANCE AUDIO, INTELLIGENT FEATURES AND ON-THE-GO CHARGING CASE
BARCELONA, Spain - Mobile World Congress - 24th February 2014 - Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), a pioneer in wearable technology, today announced Voyager Edge, a compact and stylish, high-performance Bluetooth earpiece. Featuring a slim, sophisticated design and signature Plantronics audio technology, Voyager Edge offe rs clear communication in any environment with proprietary noise- and wind-cancellation and an elegant charging case providing extended talk time on-the-go. Intuitive, responsive features such as voice commands and Smart Sensors lets wearers answer calls hands-free with a word or as they place the headset on their ear, and Voyager Edge announces the name of incoming callers. Voyager Edge will be available worldwide starting in April.
"Always-on-the-go mobile users may answer a call in a cab, take it out on the street, and not say their goodbyes until they're finished their latte at the coffee shop - they need reliable audio that effortlessly handles transitions, much like they do," said Stuart Bradshaw, head of consumer marketing & business development, Europe & Africa, with Plantronics. "Voyager Edge is the perfect companion to any smartphone, offering premium features in a stylish, intelligent earpiece."
Designed to make an impression, Voyager Edge elegantly blends eye-catching style with careful attention to comfort, with its lightweight form factor and soft-touch, natural materials. The earpiece-only design (no over-the-ear component) makes it easy to put on and remove and is particularly convenient for use with glasses or sunglasses. With its portable charging case the Voyager Edge is an always-ready companion - always charged and ready to keep the wearer connected.
- Portable charging case: The protective rechargeable case tops up the earpiece battery, adding up to 10 more hours of talk time, features touch-sensitive controls, and shows the charge status of both headset and case.
- Noise-cancellation: Multiple microphones and signature Plantronics audio technology eliminate disruptive background noise so your caller hears the speaker, not their surroundings.
- Smart Sensor technology: Responsive sensors intuitively direct calls to your phone or headset, pause music for incoming calls, and automatically answer calls as you place the headset on your ear.
- Voice commands and audio alerts: Allows wearers to use their voice to answer or ignore calls, check battery level, connection status, and more. And Voyager Edge announces the incoming caller's name - no need to look at the phone to check who is calling.
- Language options: Personalize Voyager Edge with the language of choice by simply selecting a preferred language during the set-up process.
- Always-Ready Battery life: Charging via MicroUSB, the Voyager Edge headset provides up to six hours of talk time, or up to 16 hours with the portable charging case.
- Locate your headset using free app: Download the free FindMyHeadset app for AndroidTM phones and send a tone to hear the nearby headset or track last usage on a map using BackTrack feature. (Available for iOSTM in Spring.)
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Voyager Edge will be available in two colours, Carbon Black and Glacial White, at authorized Plantronics retailers, etailers, and carriers worldwide starting this April. MSRP for Voyager Edge with Portable Charging Case is €129 / £109. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com/uk
Plantronics is a global leader in audio communications for business and consumers. For 50 years we've pioneered innovations in audio technology, creating solutions that combine superior call clarity and noise reduction with uncompromising quality and service. Originally designed for commercial aviation, today Plantronics products are used by every company in the Fortune 100, as well as by emergency call operators, air traffic controllers, and consumers around the world. From unified communications to Bluetooth headsets, Plantronics products allow you to simply communicate. www.plantronics.com.