- Virgin Media Cloud brings personal moments to the big screen
- Virgin Media upgrades converged storage space
- Cloud Storage service gets dedicated Windows app and group sharing
Virgin Media customers can seamlessly browse and display their photos, videos, and music stored online on their TV screens, thanks to the new dedicated Virgin Media Cloud TiVo app.
The unique new Virgin Media Cloud TiVo app allows customers to view media files uploaded to the web from their smartphones, tablets and home computers instantly on their TV using their remote control.
Part of a comprehensive revamp of the Virgin Media Cloud secure online storage service, the new app has been specifically built for the TiVo platform to offer seamless convergence with users devices via the web, and without the need for additional hardware or customer expense.
Aarne Aho, Executive Director at Virgin Media said: “We built our Virgin Media Cloud app from the ground up so customers can show off their pictures, videos and playlists through TiVo as easily as changing channel.”
With new and improved apps and desktop clients for iOS, Mac, PC and Android devices, Virgin Media Cloud is available for the first time as an app on Windows Phones giving customers more ways to upload and view their import files to the web.
Virgin Media has also introduced Group Space; a new shared storage facility allowing multiple users to contribute to files, folders and playlists.
About Virgin Media Cloud:
- Store personal files from any computer, smartphone or tablet
- Safely and Securely store pictures, videos, music, contacts, text messages, files and more
- Back up from an unlimited number of devices
- Arrange your stored files into collections to easily manage content for viewing and sharing
- Share files with family and friends and now Group Spaces allow you to contribute storage to a shared Cloud
- View your stored music, videos and pics from any device
- 5GB of free cloud storage space per account
- Create separate accounts for up to 10 other people in your household
- Customers can increase their data allowance to 50 GB for £3.99 100GB for £5.99, 250GB for £13.99, and 500GB for £26.99
About Virgin Media
Virgin Media is the first provider of all four broadband, TV, mobile phone and home phone services in the UK.
The company’s cable network – the result of multi-billion pound private investment – delivers ultrafast broadband to over half of all UK homes, with speeds of up to 152Mb, as well as market leading connectivity to thousands of public and private sector organisations across the country.
Virgin Media has developed the most advanced interactive television service, bringing together broadcast TV, thousands of hours of on demand programming and the best of the web in a single set-top box powered by TiVo. The company was the first to offer HD TV and 3D on demand to millions of British households.
The world’s first virtual mobile network was launched by Virgin Media and it is also one of the largest fixed-line home phone providers in the country.
Virgin Media is a part of Liberty Global plc, the world’s largest international cable company. Together Virgin Media and Liberty Global serve 27 million customers across 14 countries, helping connect people to the digital world and enabling them to discover and experience its endless possibilities.