Asus has written to HEXUS to inform us that it will shortly release the Asus RoG Strix XG438Q 4K gaming monitor in the UK. Originally launched back at the CES 2019 in January, this 43-inch gaming monitor packs-in impressive specs, and will surely tempt PC gamers with hardware powerful enough to run the latest games in glorious 4K.
The headlining qualities of the RoG Strix XG438Q are, according to Asus, as follows:
- A 43-inch anti-glare 4K gaming monitor with 48~120Hz refresh rate for super-smooth gaming visuals, which utilises a VA panel
- High dynamic range (HDR) technology with DisplayHDR 600 certification and 90 per cent DCI-P3 professional colour gamut ensures exceptional contrast and colour performance
- Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR technology provides buttery smooth gameplay, low latency, and better brightness and contrast
- GameFast Input Technology minimizes input lag and provides much faster motion delivery from connected devices to the monitor
- A pair of ASUS SonicMaster technology 10W speakers provide powerful audio performance and an included remote control enables full control of the on-screen display for quick adjustments and input selection
In addition to the above it is worth pointing out that this is claimed to be the "world's biggest and fastest 4K FreeSync 2 HDR gaming monitor". It should be equally compelling for content consumption as gaming, though most home TVs better this in physical size by some margin. Another plus for those using this monitor to watch shows and films is that it comes with a remote to adjust display settings, volume and input signal from your comfy chair or sofa.
Both PC and console bamers may be interested in the utility value offered by Asus GameFast Input Technology. This is said to minimise input lag so that your input/controller actions are more immediately translated into on-screen action - a great feature for fast paced games titles. Furthermore, the fast 120Hz screen with FreeSync 2 HDR, and 4ms GtG response time, helps maintain smooth visuals in the same instance.
Other features worth mentioning are the Asus Aura Sync lighting - for ambient light and logo projection, PiP and PbP features with hotkey control, Asus Shadow Boost tech, multiple HDR modes available, Asus GamePlus tech (crosshairs, timers, FPS counter, display alignment), Asus Gamevisual tech (Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes/MOBA Mode/User Mode), Low Blue Light tech, Flicker Free tech, DisplayWidget control, plus a wide range of inputs such as 3x HDMI 2.0 and 1x DP1.4, as well as dual USB 3.0 and audio I/O.
Users can make use of the provided stand which allows for +10°~-5° tilting, or fit this 15kg monitor to any 100x100mm VESA mount.
Last but not least, Asus tells HEXUS that "the RoG Stix XG438Q will be available in UK retailers around the end of August and is projected to be available at £1099 MSRP". You can read through the full feature list and specs on the official site.