DisplayPort for professionals
AMD announced today its first commercially available 3D workstation graphics card with DisplayPort support, the ATI FireGL V7700.
Aimed at professionals, the card provides what AMD calls "superior rendering speed, 3D performance and colour fidelity". It is expected to begin shipping in April 2008 and carries an MSRP of $1,099 USD.
Janet Matsuda, senior director of Professional Graphics at AMD said:
"Imaging and 3D professionals require innovative, high-performance solutions and are increasingly turning to AMD to meet their real-world needs. The ATI FireGL family of workstation graphics accelerators is designed to deliver visible advantages and performance leadership at every price point, from entry level to ultra-high end. This accelerator with DisplayPort support is the latest example of AMD’s leadership in delivering new graphics technologies ahead of the competition."
In addition to DisplayPort connectivity, the FireGL V7700 features a 10-bit display engine that produces more than one fidelity billion colours at any given time. It's additional noteworthy features, as listed by AMD, include:
- 512MB of memory: Enabling effortless real-time interaction with large datasets and complex models and scenes.
- Dual Link DVI Output: The combination of DisplayPort output and a Dual Link enabled DVI output, generates a multi-monitor desktop over 5000 pixels wide from a single accelerator. With native multi-card support, users can see more and do more using four displays driven by two ATI FireGL products in the same workstation.
- Application Certification: The ATI FireGL workstation graphics accelerators are thoroughly tested and certified with major CAD and DCC applications, helping ensure reliability and stability.
- AutoDetect: Based on a new generation GPU with 320 unified shader units, the ATI FireGL V7700 maximises throughput by automatically directing graphics horsepower where it’s needed most. Intelligent management of computational resources enables enhanced utilisation of the GPU delivering real-time rendering of complex models and scenes while increasing frame rates.
- Scalable ultra parallel processing architecture with 320 unified shaders.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering with 8-bit, 10-bit, and 16-bit per RGB colour component support.
- Hardware acceleration of DirectX® 10.1 and OpenGL® 2.1 advanced features.
- PCI Express® 2.0 compliant.
Official product page: ati.amd.com