July 3, 2018 — Expanding the BarraCuda® portfolio of products, Seagate today announced the launch of its new BarraCuda SSD designed to take data to the next level of speed, dependability and versatility with its unique flash-speed performance and SATA 6GB/s interface. With this launch, Seagate continues to build on the evolution of its storage capabilities, now offering a full range of HDD, hybrid and SSD solutions for the everyday computer user to avid PC system architects and professionals.
The BarraCuda SSD provides best-in-class performance for a wide range of applications:
- Speed: Designed to maximize drive performance and equipped with flash-speed function up to 560MB/s and 90K IOPs that accelerates boost-time, file transfers and application loading, the BarraCuda SSD provides the desired capabilities for nearly every compute need and provides a first-rate solution for every budget.
- Dependability: The BarraCuda SSD delivers peace of mind with a 5-year warranty, 1.8M hrs. MTBF, up to 1092 TBW with 24-hr Global Technical Support.
- Versatility: The BarraCuda SSD offers best-in-class versatility with multiple capacity options (250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB) and a standard 2.5” form factor with SATA 6Gb/s interface to enable users to easily integrate into most laptops and desktop PCs. Optimized for maximum capacity and equipped with ultra-low power mode support for reduced power consumption, performance seekers can rest assured that the BarraCuda SSD will deliver exceptional quality and desired performance.
The product will be available on Amazon exclusively starting on Prime Day 2018, prior to general availability in September 2018. For full details about the BarraCuda SSD, please visit the BarraCuda product page. The UK pricing is as follows:
- BarraCuda SSD 250GB - £74.99
- BarraCuda SSD 500GB - £109.99
- BarraCuda SSD 1TB - £229.99
- BarraCuda SSD - £449.99
Seagate creates space for the human experience by innovating how data is stored, shared and used. Learn more at www.seagate.com. Follow Seagate on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spiceworks, YouTube and subscribe to our blog.