Sector-level backup, incremental imaging, selective restore
FREIBURG, Germany - March 6, 2015 - Paragon Software Group (PSG) a leader in data protection, backup and disaster recovery, today announced the release of Paragon Boot Camp Backup , the industry's first and free OS X based backup solution for Windows partitions on Mac computers. The backup tools that are delivered with Apple's operating system do not support the Windows native file system NTFS and work on the file level only which has a negative effect on computer performance. Other third-party tools either do not run in the familiar and convenient OS X environment or they are designed for disk cloning rather than ongoing backup. Paragon Boot Camp Backup comes to rescue by backing up NTFS Boot Camp partitions at the sector level. It creates incremental chains, where each new increment describes the changes between the current state of the backup object and the previous state. This saves disk space, speeds backups, and allows recovery to a particular point in time.
Key Features & Benefits
- Sector-level backup - to create complete file system backups including partition parameters;
- Backup to VD - to store your data in a virtual disk. You can mount this disk and access the partition data as it was at the point in time when a particular backup was made. This makes it easy to recover individual files or folders;
- Incremental imaging - only backs up changed sectors, improving backup efficiency and reducing the disk space required by the image;
- Schedule backup - to automate regular backup operations;
- Selective restore - to easily extract files and folders from a backup image without the need for restoring an entire image;
- Windows migration - to migrate Windows OS from one Mac computer to another;
- Pinned archive state - to pin the archive or increment state and to be sure that you can always go back to it. This archive will never be changed or merged automatically, by Boot Camp Backup's ability to automatically merge the oldest increment with its original archive to save space when the number of increments exceeds a user-specified limit;
- Support for Windows installed on separate disk - not just Boot Camp partitions on the startup disk;
- Paragon Updater - automatically installs new versions of Boot Camp Backup.
Typical Use Cases
- Back up Boot Camp partition and restore selected files/folders on the same system (e.g. when they were accidentally or inadvertently deleted);
- Back up Boot Camp partition and restore the full system on a different Mac (e.g. migration to a replacement computer).
- OS X 10.7 Lion
- OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Paragon Boot Camp Backup is available for free at http://www.paragon-software.com/home/bootcamp-backup/ Additional free and commercial tools for Mac users can be found at the Mac ToolBox portal, http://www.paragon-software.com/mac/
Paragon Mac ToolBox portal
The new Paragon Mac ToolBox web portal makes it easy to find which of the company's products can be used to solve particular Mac-related problems. Some of the tools are available free of charge, while all commercial products are available on a time-limited demo basis.