NEW YORK, NY – (Sept 16, 2009) - Hercules, a specialist in IT devices including multimedia speaker sets, webcams, DJing solutions and consumer-friendly WiFi products, demonstrates its creative talents with a beautifully designed netbook, the eCAFÉ™ EC-1000W. Combining value and design, this unique eCAFÉ™ signature product is easy on the eyes while meeting the user’s every need for convenience. Featuring a unique “in-mold” designed cover with a high gloss finish and mirror effect that causes a visual interplay of metallic and non-metallic colors, the eCAFÉ™ EC-1000W never looks the same, changing with each moment of use. The eCAFÉ™ is sturdy enough for urban users and provides an optimal keyboard setting and reading comfort. The eCAFÉ™ EC-1000W will be available at the end of October 2009 for the suggested retail price of $399.
A Comprehensive, Custom Software Suite Like No Other
Built to be beautiful on the inside and outside, the eCAFÉ™ EC-1000W features the most intuitive and essential applications for netbook users that are easy to understand, use and learn. Hercules is proud to unveil a custom designed software package with functions available for the first time ever in a netbook:
eCAFÉ™ Email Center – An email management system that allows users to access their multiple email accounts intuitively, efficiently, quickly and separately to avoid role conflict. The email center makes the whole process astonishingly easy with a 3-step mailbox setup process and color assignment per email account which includes colored icons and incoming mail pop-ups. The email center can also detect and adjust settings automatically to avoid messages such as “SMTP error.”
eCAFÉ™ Update Manager – eCAFÉ™ has its own ecosystem that is available to consumers via the Web portal www.ecafe.hercules.com, complete with tutorials, tips and 50GB in free online storage. The eCAFÉ™ Update Manager tool not only updates the software originally included with the netbook, but also continually adds new applications to the eCAFÉ™ such as games, special apps, and more.
eCAFÉ™ Webcam Station – The webcam station software used with the Xtra Controller Pro application featured in Hercules webcams offers an unrivalled video chat experience with functions not previously included in netbooks, including:
- Chat and Show function allows photo slide show and video sharing during chat sessions through the IM flow; now you can interact with your friends as if they were there with you
- Make comments on your photos and videos “live” while they play
- Image conversion and automatic formatting for email, blogging, YouTube or iPod use
- 3-mode Photo capture – single shot, multiple and self-timer
- One-click video capture
- 3x Digital Zoom with automatic face tracking
- Pop art, flash animation and other effects
- Compatible with most videoconferencing software
eCAFÉ™ CONNECT – Provides easy network connection management via WiFi or Ethernet and works with the Windows 7 utility providing two ways to connect as the tools are perfectly synchronized with one another. It also allows users full control over the process and detects favorite networks without asking again for passwords.
Complete Office Suite – Featuring OpenOffice.org V3 (full version) which includes word processing, a spreadsheet program, a presentation program and immediate compatibility with .doc, .xls, and .ppt formats. The suite also includes the highly respected “Avast! Home Edition” antivirus utility.
In line with everything you need, the eCAFÉ™ EC-1000W’s features include:
- Windows 7 Starter operating system with Windows Live® Suite: Messenger, Mail, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker & Media Player
- 10.1” high-brightness screen (1024x600)
- Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz Processor
- 1GB Ram
- 250GB HDD Storage + an extra 50GB of online storage
- Comfortable chiclet keyboard with separated flat keys
- WiFi N technology
- 6-Cell 4400 mAh battery
- Built-in webcam with microphone
- Connections: 1x VGA, 3x USB, 1x headphones, 1x microphone, 1x LAN RJ45, 1x DC-in 12V, 1x card reader: SD/MMC/SDHC/MS
Discover the complete Hercules product range at www.hercules.com