- Productivity gets boost with Latitude 9510, the world's most intelligent 15-inch 5G-ready business PC with built-in AI
- Thinner and smaller XPS 13 debuts its first-ever 4-sided InfinityEdge display for virtually borderless viewing experience
- Dell’s top-of-the-range displays meet needs of wide variety of users
ROUND ROCK, Texas – 2 January 2020 - Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) today unveiled new products and software across its premium Latitude, XPS and displays portfolios to help people innovate, collaborate and accomplish more in the next decade. Featuring artificial intelligence (AI), 5G and innovative design, the latest Dell Technologies’ PCs and displays make work and play more seamless, intelligent and enjoyable.
“The PC industry has never been more vibrant with built-in AI, 5G and the best design we’ve ever seen, all to help make our lives easier and more fulfilled,” said Sam Burd, president of Dell Client Solutions Group. “What’s exciting to me is that, with all of the cool news we’ll see come out of CES next week, the PC plays a central role in helping people innovate, influence and achieve more.”
"PC users have become increasingly savvy about the devices they choose for work and play, gravitating toward more premium products that emphasise good design, strong performance and intuitive technologies," said Tom Mainelli, group vice president, Devices and Consumer, IDC. "Our research shows an increasing percentage of new employees are choosing jobs based on the devices employers offer, and both IT buyers and consumers are interested in PCs with next-generation display, connectivity and battery technologies."
Professionals can use their precious time on the work that matters most with the Latitude 9510, the most intelligent 15-inch business PC featuring built-in AI1
Dell today introduced the Latitude 9000 series, designed with the finest details in mind to be smaller and thinner than ever before, with a larger display and a superior experience. The new Latitude 9510 delivers what business users seek: the longest battery life of any 15-inch business PC with a target of up to 30 hours2, 5G-ready design3, powerful audio features and intelligent solutions that increase productivity.
The Latitude 9510 is the world’s smallest and lightest commercial 15-inch PC4, easily fitting into a small work bag. Starting at only 3.2 pounds5, professionals can travel light without carrying the extra weight of battery chargers, adapters or speakerphone pucks needed for a work day. The large screen size, along withIntel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) and 5G mobile broadband capabilities6, allow executives to be more productive wherever they need. The design incorporates 5G antennas into the speakers to retain the InfinityEdge display, while carbon blade fans and dual heat pipes offer a quiet and cool-to-the-touch experience. Launching with up to the latest 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors, the vPro ready Latitude 9510 features a machined-aluminium finish with diamond cut edges for professionals that want performance with style.
As the world’s most intelligent 15-inch business PC7, the Latitude 9510 leads the commercial PC industry with the first built-in and automated AI-based optimisation technology. The new Dell Optimizer software works behind the scenes to help reduce lags, delays and frustration:
- Get to work faster with ExpressResponse: Based on user preferences and machine learning with Intel® Adaptix Technology, it launches frequently used applications faster, switches quickly between applications and improves overall application performance to boost productivity.
- Improve battery life utilisation with ExpressCharge: AI and machine learning improves battery life utilisation based on an employee’s battery charge patterns and typical power usage. When critically low on battery, the Latitude 9510 will subtly adjust settings to preserve resources, like dimming the screen. It will also choose the best charging policy, like ExpressCharge Boost, which provides up to a 35% charge in 20 minutes8 to get running in a crunch.
- Log in simply and securely with ExpressSign-in: This senses a user’s presence, enabling faster log-in and enhanced security with Dell’s PC proximity sensor enabled by Intel® Context Sensing Technology and Windows Hello.
- Ditch the speakerphone with Intelligent Audio: The top-firing speakers, powerful amp and four noise-cancelling microphones provide life-like immersive collaboration, while Intelligent Audio allows users to hear and be heard better on conference calls, helping eliminate echoes and background noise, wherever they are.
With Dell Technologies Unified Workspace, new Latitude owners are productive on day-one. This approach for end-user computing gives workers a frustration-free, ready-to-work experience while empowering IT with automated, open and intelligent management solutions that helps them easily deploy, secure, manage and support all devices within their organisation.
XPS 13: First-ever four sided, virtually borderless InfinityEdge display
Dell today introduced the new XPS 13, redesigned to achieve the most premium and superior computing experience with the finest materials, smaller and thinner profile and a larger display. Elegantly crafted with machined aluminium, carbon fibre, woven glass fibre and hardened Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the XPS 13 has a flawless finish in a durable, lightweight design.
For users that want maximum screen space, Dell is delivering its latest engineering feat — narrow bezels on every side, reducing the XPS 13’s InfinityEdge borders and creating a smaller and thinner form factor than all other XPS predecessors. With a larger 16:10 display that spans from all four edges, the new 25% brighter XPS InfinityEdge10 display offers more screen space to multitask throughout the day and catch all the details of the latest binge-worthy show. And holding true to what XPS fans love most, this new design delivers a 13.4-inch display in an 11-inch form factor — fitting neatly on an airplane tray.
The XPS 13 offers 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and long battery life for the travellers, small business owners and creatives that need power and performance on the go. A larger touchpad, edge-to-edge keyboard, and one-handed opening strike the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality. The new XPS packaging includes more sustainable materials and eliminates foam, making it easier for customers to recycle. Available options include the traditional XPS 13 with Windows 10 or the Developer Edition featuring Ubuntu 18.04LTS.
Stay connected and entertained with Dell Cinema Guide and Dell Mobile Connect
For binge-watchers, Dell Technologies today launched Dell Cinema Guide, a one-stop-shop for searching streaming entertainment. Windows users can download the app; quickly and easily find television shows and movies across more than 200 streaming services within one simple content guide; and enjoy it all with the amazing colour, sound and streaming of Dell Cinema11.
Since its 2018 launch, Dell Mobile Connect has helped more than one million users avoid splitting attention between their PC and smartphone. This spring Dell Mobile Connect will expand its wireless transfer and app mirroring capabilities beyond Android phones and bring these functions to iOS phone users12. XPS, Inspiron, Vostro, Alienware and G Series users with iOS phones will be able to directly access their favourite mobile apps, from rideshare to social media, and take advantage of drag-and-drop file transfer and content mirroring straight from their Dell PC.
Dell’s top-of-the-line monitors: See everything and do anything
As the world’s #1 monitor company for the past six years13 Dell continues to transform the visual experience with new commercial monitors designed to unleash worker creativity and maximise productivity.
In today’s fast-paced workplaces, collaboration is paramount and central to the culture and workflow. Dell has innovated for this collaborative environment an impressive 85.6-inch interactive touch display, digitising yesterday’s whiteboards. The Dell 86 4K Interactive Touch Monitor - C8621QT is designed to connect users and increase collaboration in real-time, featuring 4K UHD resolution, 20-point multi-touch, USB-C connectivity and Dell’s exclusive - and intelligently inclusive - Screen Drop Feature, which helps improve accessibility and reachability for users of different heights.
Dell UltraSharps, Dell’s top of the range displays line-up, uses state of the art technology, to create the ultimate visual experience for professionals in all workplaces.
- Dell UltraSharp 43 4K USB-C - U4320Q, allows workers to maximise productivity with the power to connect up to four PCs and view the content from each computer simultaneously14- ideal for professionals in finance and engineering requiring multi-monitors with high resolution for details. The world’s first height adjustable 42.5-inch 4K monitor15 also features USB-C connectivity that delivers up to 90W of power.
- With wide colour coverage including 95% DCI-P3, users can experience true colour reproduction on the brilliant Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C monitor - U2720Q that comes with VESA DisplayHDRTM 400, making it perfect for both creation and viewing of content. With a small, compact base and virtually borderless InfinityEdge, this monitor offers an almost uninterrupted view in a multiple screen setup for added productivity. Also available in 25-inch with QHD resolution - Dell UltraSharp 25 USB-C Monitor - U2520Q.
Built for speed with incredible 99% sRGB colour coverage, the new Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor - AW2521HF features fast IPS technology that offers rich colours, a 240Hz refresh rate and a blazingly fast 1 millisecond grey-to-grey response time16, all in native FHD resolution, all in native FHD resolution. It also features AMD Radeon FreeSync17 and is G-Sync compatible.
In addition to the above displays, Dell also today released additions to its broader portfolio of monitors. Read about those announcements here.
Join Dell at CES 2020
Pricing and availability
- XPS 13 will be available in UK on 7 January, starting at £1,499.
- XPS 13 Developer Edition will be available in select European countries in February – UK availability and pricing to be confirmed.
- Dell Cinema Guide, available to download now on any Windows 10 PC for free via the Microsoft store.
- Dell Mobile Connect with iOS data transfer and screen mirroring will be available to download for free from the Microsoft Store and come pre-installed on all Dell consumer systems this spring.
- Latitude 9510 will be available globally in March 2020. UK availability and pricing to be confirmed.
- Dell 86 4K Interactive Touch Monitor (C8621QT) will be available globally in April 2020. UK availability and pricing to be confirmed.
- Dell UltraSharp 43 4K USB-C (U4320Q) will be available globally by end of January 2020. UK availability and pricing to be confirmed.
- Dell UltraSharp 27 4K USB-C Monitor (U2720Q) will be available globally by end of January 2020. UK availability and pricing to be confirmed.
- Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor (AW2521HF) will be available in UK on 11 March – pricing TBC.
- Visit the Dell CES 2020 press site to watch Dell’s CES 2020 news conference and get in-depth product info, images, releases and more.
- Connect with Dell via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Follow the latest news on Twitter from @Dell
About Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies (NYSE:DELL) is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live, and play. The company provides customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio spanning from edge to core to cloud.
 Based on Dell analysis, November 2019.
 Battery life is based on preliminary testing of Latitude 9510 with Intel Core i5- 10210U, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, 88Whr battery and FHD non-touch display, using the Mobile Mark 2014 benchmark test available at www.bapco.com. Test results are for comparative purposes only. Actual battery life may be significantly less than the test results and varies depending on product configuration and use, software, operating conditions, power management settings and other factors. Maximum battery life will decrease with time.
 Mobile Broadband/LTE: Subject to service provider’s broadband subscription and coverage area; speeds may vary. Additional charges will apply. Contact your service provider for details.
 Based on Dell analysis, November 2019. The smallest refers total surface area of the notebooks.
 Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
 Nearly 3X Faster: 802.11ax 2x2 160 MHz enables 2402 Mbps maximum theoretical data rates, ~3X (2.8X) faster than standard 802.11ac 2x2 80 MHz (867 Mbps) as documented in IEEE 802.11 wireless standard specifications and require the use of similarly configured 802.11ax wireless network routers.
 Based on Dell analysis, November 2019.
 When used with Dell systems with ExpressCharge. Either automatically with Dell Optimizer or by manually selecting ExpressCharge via Dell Power Manager, users can recharge system battery from 0% up to 35% within 20 minutes when system is powered off. With ExpressCharge mode enabled, the system battery can then continue charging up to 80% within 60 minutes when system is powered-off. After charging has reached 80% capacity, charging speed will return to normal speed. Recommended for use with the provided Dell power adapter; not recommended with a smaller capacity power adapter. Charging time may vary.
 Based on Dell internal analysis, January 2019.
 Based on Dell internal analysis, Nov 2019.
 Subscription may be required to view content on some streaming services.
 File transfer on iOS is limited to photos and videos. App mirroring and file transfer on iOS coming Spring 2020.
 Source: IDC Worldwide Quarterly PC Monitor Tracker, Q3 2019
 4K in single screen mode; Full HD in multi-screen mode via Picture-by-Picture.
 Based on Dell analysis of publicly available data, July 2019.
 1ms grey-to-grey response time is achieved in Extreme Mode.
 FreeSync requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127