Guaranteeing three months of unplugged Kindle use under normal sunlight environment, SolarKindle features a dual-charging (USB/solar) reserve battery, a bright (800 lux) LED reading lamp and a solar panel built into the leather cover.
• Solar powered e-reader cover with flexible, lightweight solar panel built into the cover.
• Dual-charging (USB/solar) reserve battery greatly extends reading time.
• 3-month guarantee for unplugged Kindle use under normal sunlight environment.
• LED reading lamp turns on with one touch release.
• Integrated reserve battery runs the LED lamp for up to 50 hours continuously without using the Kindle’s main battery.
• Integrated reserve battery can also transfer energy to the Kindle’s main battery to extend reading time.
• Integrated solar panel collects and converts solar energy “on the go” -- one hour under direct sunlight can provide up to 3 days reading time.
• Premium leather cover.
SolarKindle Lighted Cover will be available Jan. 15, 2012, priced at $79.99.
FLEx Lighting is also seeking to innovate in this space by introducing an LED film that brightens up the display of e-readers.