To see Chris in action watch here
Berlin, 22 March 2019: German Autolabs, the Berlin-based startup behind Chris, the world’s first voice AI enabled digital assistant for in-car usage, is pleased to announce its availability on Amazon for £299. Chris is initially available for Android users, with the iOS release due later in 2019. Elegant, smart and safe, regardless of age and model, Chris can be retrofitted to any car with a state-of-the-art, voice-controlled infotainment system.
Millions of drivers want to stay connected to their digital life on the road, but using smartphones and handheld devices has made this largely unsafe and has increased distracted driving-related accidents. Chris is an elegantly designed device, a recent winner of the iF Design Award 2019, which can integrate with any car on the road - no matter the age and model. Installation is easy: Chris is attached to the glass and paired with the phone via Bluetooth whilst the smart device displays the relevant information on a round colour display. And best of all, the voice control system by Chris works differently from smartphone assistants even offline, i.e. without an Internet connection.
Chris supports the driver like a real passenger. Answer a WhatsApp message, start navigation, answer a call, or change music - Chris does it all thanks to intuitive voice control. Simple gestures complete the operation: it only takes a few seconds to skip songs or navigate through navigation destinations. The most important apps and services are now available while driving: WhatsApp and SMS messaging, voice-controlled navigation with worldwide maps, convenient hands-free and wireless music playback from the phone.
Chris product info
● Proactive voice assistant with gesture control for motorists
● Premium Design device with a high-quality aluminum ring and color display
● Works in any vehicle / regardless of age and model
● Understands and speaks English and German
● Also works offline, without an internet connection
● Free updates and new features included
Features, Services & Apps
● Messaging: send & receive via WhatsApp and SMS
● Navigation: voice assisted turn-by-turn navigation, lifetime world maps from over 100 countries (free updates)
● Calls: hands-free calling, voice-activated address book, and recent calls
Additional functions and services are continually being expanded and automatically updated via the Chris app.
● Size (excl. mount): 9.0 x 9.0 x 4.4 cm
● Weight: 250 g
● 2.1 '' TFT LCD color display
● Built-in voice-optimized speaker
● Voice-optimized microphone array
● 5 microphones with beamforming
● High-resolution gesture sensor
● Li-Ion battery 1-week battery life (standby),
● Bluetooth 4.2 + BLE
● Connections: Micro USB (power)
● Chris needs a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone
● Android 7.1.1 „Nougat“ or higher
● 12V socket (cigarette lighter) or USB port to connect Chris
● Online connection for full functionality (core features work also offline)
Chris voice recognition in most cases does not require a mobile data connection, so no data is consumed. Full functionality requires an internet connection.
Chris is approved for usage in all cars and is produced by ISO certified manufacturers.
About German Autolabs
German Autolabs is building a voice AI platform for the Automotive vertical. The Berlin-based deep tech startup was founded in 2016 and produces a signature voice assistant hardware, Chris. Commercially available in Europe, the retrofit assistant bypasses traditional automotive development cycles to rapidly iterate key AI / NLP models. Key assets of this underlying platform include the multimodal hybrid (offline/online) Dialogue Management System, deep domain knowledge of driver behaviour, and OS-agnostic access to APIs and other assistant services. Founders Holger G. Weiss and Patrick Weissert strive to deliver an independent assistant solution to the automotive industry.