No matter how or where you like to workout AfterShokz Aeropex will be your new go to headphones
17th June 2019, London UK - AfterShokz, the bone conduction headphone brand known for prioritising situational awareness and comfort through its unique open ear design, today announced its new generation of Air wireless bone conduction headphones, the Aeropex.
Aeropex will be available in four of the season’s hottest colours: Lunar Grey, Cosmic Black, Blue Eclipse and Solar Red. The Aeropex will be available online from June 14th for £149.94 RRP.
Aeropex uses bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. Place them on your cheekbones, just in front of your ears. This leaves your ear canals open, allowing you to remain alert and aware of ambient sounds, teammates, coaches, training partners and more while you enjoy your music or podcasts. Bluetooth® connectivity gives you the ability to be free of wires working with your phone up to 10m away.
Designed to withstand intense training, Aeropex are IP67 approved making them fully water and sweat proof allowing you to run whether rain, sun or snow! Tilting at a 30-degree angle towards your face to stop vibrations, the Aeropex are integrated with Premium Pitch 2+ sound to deliver an optimum audio experience to every user.
“By expanding our range of bone conduction headphones, we hope to bring something fresh to the market,” said AfterShokz CTO Ken Chen “The Aeropex bring another dimension to the Trekz Air range, now incorporating a smaller waterproof design, and offer an exciting look into what is possible when you train with bone conduction technology. We hope to carry on developing and improving our collection as well as the AfterShokz brand.”
- 30% smaller: The backbone of the design is a premium titanium frame and wraparound band which is now 30% smaller and 13% lighter than the Airs. The new Aeropex’ sit at a 30-degree tilt against your face to reduce vibration.
- OpenFit™ design: Promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a revolutionary open ear design. This means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you — vital for staying safe and alert as you move through the day.
- PremiumPitch 2+™ sound: Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch 2+™ technology optimises the sound to increase bass so you can really run to the beat.
- Eight hours of music and calls: A single charge will deliver at least eight hours of music play and call time. You can charge fully in two hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a run, but if you’re planning on running a marathon best to be prepared and charge fully!
- IP67 Waterproof: Can withstand being submerged in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes. Completely sweat and rain proof, you will be alerted if the headphones are still wet when trying to charge.
- Reduced sound leakage: By removing any Leakslayer holes AfterShokz have managed to reduce the sound leakage by 50% compared to the Airs.
Notable improvements over the previous model, Air:
- 30% smaller and 15% lighter
- New and improved PremiumPitch 2+ sound
- Improved battery life
- Waterproof IP67
- Reduced sound leakage
AfterShokz brings patented bone conduction technology, initially developed for military special operations and law enforcement by Voxtech in 2001, to sport and Bluetooth® headphones designed and priced for everyday use. Through a suite of proprietary audio technologies and a completely open ear design, AfterShokz headphones deliver premium stereo sound and a promise of safety and comfort that is second to none. Since its inception in 2011, the company has been committed to innovating unconventionally and making situational awareness a priority. Learn more about how the brand inspires users to #beopen at aftershokz.co.uk.