Epic Air Elite feature best-in-class playtime, enhanced connectivity, and custom sound options
19th February 2019, San Diego, CA: The fastest growing major headphone brand*, JLab Audio, today announces the UK launch of the Epic Air Elite True Wireless Sport Earbuds. The next generation of its top seller, the Epic Air Elite feature auto on and connect right out of the charging case with a stronger Class 1 Bluetooth 5 true wireless connection. Offering the same fitness-focused design with its proprietary and improved earhook as the Epic Air, the Epic Air Elite boast best-in-class battery life with 6 hours in the earbuds and 32 extra in the case. A new feature, Be Aware Audio, can be turned on to allow natural ambient noise in to hear surroundings when in use. The Epic Air Elite is available for £149.99 from Argos and $149.99 at jlabaudio.com.
Intuitive touch controls on the earbuds allow users to control their music as well as change the EQ sound settings between three different options: Signature, Balanced, or Bass Boost. An improved custom earhook design, with a thinner, cushier feel, ensures the earbuds will stay comfortably in place through any workout. For a secure in-ear fit and optimal sound, seven different gel ear tips plus one Cloud Foam™ tip are provided to help find an ideal fit. All the controls are at the user’s fingertips with intuitive touch sensors; plus, two built-in microphones allowing calls to be taken or activate voice assistants.
“The Epic Air Elite are a true testament of innovation when you listen to the community,” said JLab CEO Win Cramer. “We listened to customers of our original Epic Air. They loved the design, the battery life, and the fit. We adopted their recommendations into the Epic Air Elite true wireless earbud. Now with our world-class fit and best-in-class battery, we have super strong Bluetooth connection to make cutouts obsolete, Be Aware Audio for a safe experience while running or biking, improved user interface, quick access to Siri/Google with an even sportier design.”
Updates included in the 2nd Generation Epic Air Elite:
- Charging case power increased to 2600 (from 2200 in 1st generation)
- Upgraded Class 1 Bluetooth 5 connection for stronger and more stable earbud-to-earbud and earbud-to-device connections especially in real world environments – gyms, outdoors, etc.
- New Be Aware Audio allows natural ambient noise in to hear your surroundings. You can turn this on or off when needed. A great feature to use when running outside or placing your coffee order.
- Custom EQ3 Sound allows you to choose between three sounds for your preferred tune: Signature, Balanced, or Bass Boost.
The JLab Epic Air Elite True Wireless Sports Earbuds are available for £149.99 now from Argos
Epic Air Elite Specs:
- 6-hour battery life in earbuds
- 32 hours in the charging case
- Full USB charge out for phones and other devices from case
- Class 1 Bluetooth 5 connection for crisp, clear sound
- 3 EQ Settings: Signature, Balanced, and Bass Boost
- Be Aware Audio, pass through ambient noise safe for running outside
- 7 tip sizes & 1 set of Cloud Foam tips
- Touch sensor controls: Play, pause, track forward, track backward, volume up/down
- Two built-in microphones
- IP55 Sweat Resistance
- USB to micro USB cable
About JLab Audio
JLab Audio is an award-winning designer of personal audio including earbuds, headphones and Bluetooth™ speakers. From 2016-2018, the San Diego Business Journal named JLab Audio one of the Best Places to Work in San Diego, and currently JLab Audio is a 4x Inc. 500/5000 company. The Epic Air True Wireless Earbuds were a PC Mag Editors’ Choice and rated their favourite true wireless earbud. JLab Audio is also the Official Audio Sponsor of Major League Soccer.
JLab Audio was founded in 2005 with the mission to enhance an active lifestyle through incredible sound, inspired design and innovative technology without the rock star price. No matter your passion, JLab Audio keeps you going with high quality gear; inspired designs and world class, hassle free customer support. For more information visit www.jlabaudio.com.
*Source: The NPD Group. Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Stereo Headphones, Based on Unit Sales, March 2018 – May 2018. JLab Audio defines "major” as any headphone manufacturer selling over 1M units in March 2018 – May 2018.