System Setup and Notes
- Alienware Area51-m Extreme, Pentium 4 3.2 Extreme Edition, 1GB DDR400
- ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 Graphics Module, 128MB
- NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700 Graphics Module, 128MB
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 1
- NVIDIA ForceWare 56.56
- ATI CATALYST 4.4
- 3DMark 2001SE v340
- 3DMark03 v340
- Aquamark 3
- Unreal Tournament 2003 - HEXUS Custom High Detail Demo
- X² - The Threat
- Real Time High Dynamic Range Image Based Lighting
- ShaderMark 2.0
- D3D Rightmark
- Fraps 2.1
- Colourless's D3D AA Tester 5
- D3D AF Tester
- DriverHeaven ModTool
NotesIt would have been nice to test ATI's Mobility Radeon 9700 core, but Alienware don't have ready availibility of the modules for testing, instead keeping all available cores for shipping units and future products.
It's just Go5700 vs MR9600, nothing else to pollute the graphs.
For the AA and AF image quality analysis, control panel AA was forced to set D3D AA modes for Colourless's tester. For the AF tests, it was the AF the application requested that was used.
For the performance analysis of IQ options, control panel AA was forced but application AF used, in UT2003.
For all other tests, if the application could set its own AA or AF, that was used. If not, the control panel was used to force the issue.