Games publisher and developer Square Enix has released a new benchmark application for Windows (64-bit) users. The Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Official Benchmark application is now available to download. Square Enix’s application offers native 4K and HDR10 support and weighs in at approx 3.37GB. The game upon which this benchmark is based uses GameWorks technology on the PC and readers might not be surprised to learn it performs noticeably perkier on Nvidia GPU equipped systems.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is due to be released on 6th March 2018, so this new benchmark gives users plenty of time to test and possibly tweak their systems for great gaming performance with the actual game.
Cutting edge graphical technologies such as native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos are supported by the game. Even before you fire up the benchmark, Square Enix has given indication about how your system might perform, thanks to its minimum, recommended and 4K HDR PC specs table.
As a reminder, the PC version of Final Fantasy XV offers some extra niceties for users of the most powerful gaming platform available, as follows:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat
- A new accessory that can activate the new action ‘Armiger Unleashed’
- A new first-person camera mode
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All current season pass content including: Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades and Episode Ignis
- Archive – players can review the ‘Cosmogony’ stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
The HEXUS Editor has just forwarded me a set of Full HD High Quality preset benchmark results taken from the Final Fantasy XV Benchmark. In the HEXUS labs we have run the benchmark on a system combining the twin strengths of the Intel Core i7-6700K and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080. You can see the result below, a score of 7982, highlighted in red.