Kaspersky Lab, a leading provider of security solutions that protect against viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, crimeware, rootkits, phishing, hacker attacks and spam, today announced the launch of Kasperskyâ Internet Security 2009 and Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009. Based on the premise that prevention is better than cure, this next generation of Kaspersky Lab’s award-winning technology provides home PC and laptop users with all-in-one security for worry-free computing. With hourly updates, consistently high detection rates and free telephone technical support, the UK’s 2nd most popular choice for Internet security features a new antivirus engine for dramatically improved protection, performance and reliability - and a new user interface now makes these products even easier to use.
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 responds to an unprecedented growth in the number and sophistication of computer threats. Today’s threats replace traditional viruses with crimeware: malicious programs used by criminals to harvest your confidential data and make money illegally. Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 not only deals with threats, but actually prevents threats from ever occurring. The product provides complete protection from identity theft, spyware, hijacking, botnets, hacker attacks, viruses, worms, Trojans, keyloggers, rootkits, phishing, unwanted pop-up ads and spam. Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 includes a two-way firewall, parental control features - and a virtual keyboard for safer online banking.
Some of the new and improved layers of security added to Kasperskyâ Internet Security 2009 include:
- New & Improved Threat Prevention System provides PCs with even more reliable protection
- Application Whitelisting restricts access to programs that are not on the white list of permitted applications
- Security Rating Technology assigns a security rating to programs, devices, and system resources – and restricts their activity on a computer according to this rating
- System Security Analysis Tool carries out a security health check by scanning and analysing the operating system and installed applications. After examining all the files on the machine, the collected data is matched against a database of known software vulnerabilities to determine the health of the system – and will inform you if you need to apply any updates to protect your system
- Virtual Keyboard is a secure pop-up that enables logins, passwords, bank card details and other important personal information to be entered safely to prevent the theft of confidential information
- Parental Control features help keep children safe online and manage their Internet experience:
- Restrict the time children spend online; block access to inappropriate or offensive sites, define categories of inappropriate content, and more
- Tuned For Excellent Performance with minimum impact on processor, memory and bandwidth
- Scans only new and changed files using Kaspersky Lab’s iSwift™ and iChecker™ technologies
- Includes automatic balancing of scan speeds with increased user activity – ideal for Wi-Fi and gaming
- Optimised Security enables the system to rapidly roll back any malicious changes and restore encrypted data
- An Easy-To-Create Rescue Disk instantly disinfects and restores your system if attacked by malware, even if the operating system has been damaged
Other significant improvements have been made to the signature database (blacklist), a personal two-way firewall that protects users from both incoming attacks and from programs trying to send private information to an external source, heuristic analyser, real-time behaviour blocker, anti-phishing, antispam and anti-banner features.
Eugene Kaspersky, Co-Founder and CEO of Kaspersky Lab, comments, “If you leave your computer unprotected, you risk losing important data – or even your money. Not to mention the hijacking of your PC to distribute viruses and spam. Kaspersky Lab products enable you to harness the Internet’s full potential without ever worrying about cybercrime again.”
Senior Technology Consultant at Kaspersky Lab, David Emm adds, “Our 2009 technology provides the whole family with complete and essential protection against today's threats, using an unobtrusive security solution that crucially will not slow down their gaming, email, instant messaging, downloading, home working, social networking, or any other activities. In particular, the Virtual Keyboard added to Kasperskyâ Internet Security 2009 will further protect those using online banking, to ensure that their money and account details remain safe.”
Emm continues, “Kaspersky Lab has established a track record providing award-winning technology. The fact that we are the fastest growing security software vendor bears testimony to this. I am confident that with our version 2009 technology we can continue to stay one step ahead.”
Where to buy
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 and Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009 are available from 1st July 2008 online and in store from retailers including Amazon.co.uk, Bennetts, Currys, Dabs.com, eBuyer, Micro Anvika, PC World, Play.com, Staples, WHSmith and others. Alternatively, visit: www.kaspersky.co.uk/store . Customers may upgrade free of charge from version 7.0 to version 2009, for the remainder of their existing one year license period. Further information about the products, and step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade can be found at: www.kaspersky.co.uk/version2009.
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 UK Edition. 1-Desktop 1 Year: RRP £39.99
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 UK Edition. 3-Desktop 1 Year: RRP £49.99
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 UK Edition. 5-Desktop 1 Year: RRP £69.99
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 UK Edition. 1-Desktop 1 year Renewal: RRP £27.99
Kaspersky® Internet Security 2009 UK Edition. 3-Desktop 1 year Renewal: RRP £34.99
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009 UK Edition. 1-Desktop 1 Year: RRP £29.99
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009 UK Edition. 3-Desktop 1 Year: RRP £39.99
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009 UK Edition. 1-Desktop 1 year Renewal: RRP £20.99
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 2009 UK Edition. 3-Desktop 1 year Renewal: RRP 27.99