Atlanta, Georgia; January 18, 2018: – Open-E, a leading developer of innovative data storage software, today released a new update for their ZFS- and Linux-based Open-E JovianDSS Data Storage Software. The update 27 is free of charge for all software users and it can be downloaded on the company’s website.
The update 27 of Open-E JovianDSS Data Storage Software contains updates and fixes that improve its compatibility and performance, as well as the overall storage management and monitoring of the product
The improvements in the software include:
- Local LDAP users and groups authentication for SMB /CIFS protocol
- Support for NVMe disks in High Availability Metro Cluster (Cluster over Ethernet)
- Support for three ZFS pools in High Availability Cluster
- File-IO write-back and write-through modes for iSCSI LUNs
- Block-IO mode for Fibre Channel volumes
- Support for Broadcom BCM573xx and Broadcom BCM574xx controllers (bnxt v.1.8.54)
- Additional system tuning option in TUI
- Emergency option to disable ZFS pools import during system start
- Additional system log for optimization report for Mellanox Ethernet/Infiniband Adapters
- Password modification for Adaptec MaxView and Broadcom MSM tools
“With update 27 Open-E JovianDSS has been expanded with a set of new functionalities to make the software even more user-friendly”, said Krzysztof Franek, CEO and president of Open-E about the latest software update. “Our ZFS-based software is now more reliable and secure not only because of the new features, but also thanks to new drivers and a range of other fixes.”
The update is available on:
For more technical details about the “up27” of Open-E JovianDSS, read the Release Notes on the download page.
Open-E, founded in 1998, is a well-established developer of IP-based storage management software. Its flagship product Open-E JovianDSS is a robust, award-winning storage application which offers excellent compatibility with industry standards, and is the easiest to use and manage. Additionally, it is of the most stable solutions on the market and undisputed price performance leader.
Thanks to its reputation, experience and business reliability, Open-E has become the technology partner of choice for industry-leading IT companies. Open-E accounts for over 30,000 installations world-wide and has received numerous industry awards and recognition, also with its product Open-E DSS V7.
For further information about Open-E, its products and partners, visit http://www.open-e.com/