FREIBURG, Germany – December 19, 2017 – Paragon Software, a recognized data storage expert, releases APFS for Windows by Paragon Software (Preview), a driver which enables Windows users to access Apple File System (APFS) volumes on PCs. With APFS for Windows, users are able to instantly access APFS-formatted hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), or flash drives directly on Windows PCs.
Introduced in 2016, APFS is Apple’s proprietary new file system released with macOS High Sierra. Designed for better efficiency, APFS replaces Mac OS Extended (HFS+) as the default file system for SSDs and other all-flash storage arrays. Currently, there is no way to read APFS partitions with the tools provided by Apple’s Boot Camp drivers or other Windows utilities. APFS for Windows by Paragon Software tackles this problem by enabling PC users to read APFS-formatted volumes from Windows.
How it works:
- Download and install Paragon APFS for Windows Preview from https://backstage.paragon-software.com/home/apfs-windows/.
- Connect an APFS-formatted drive to your PC.
- Go to Windows Explorer to browse your APFS drive, which will also be accessible from other programs.
- Read-only access to APFS volumes on Windows PC;
- Automount: Mounts APFS volumes automatically at startup;
- Internationalization: Supports all character sets available in your operating system.
Availability: You can download APFS for Windows by Paragon Software for free from https://backstage.paragon-software.com/home/apfs-windows/
About Paragon Software
Since 1994, Paragon Software has been delivering reliable software products and technology solutions that every day help users, IT professionals, and businesses keep data healthy and safe. We offer file systems and storage management, deployment, and migration of heterogeneous appliances and systems, data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery for hybrid environments. Our global business partners include AJA, Asus, QNAP, Western Digital, ZTE, and many others.